Sunday, April 8, 2012

How easily I

fall
     into
           slumber

trying to dream of you.

                                 I haven't yet

                                                       dreamed
                                                                         of
                                                                                  you;

maybe I don't have to
                                  meet you
             on an imaginary plane
                                        to see you as you are
 
             

                                      (or as you will be).


For all the times I crouched by the kitchen sink (begging to be believed),
for all the times I believed, handing over everything to the Freddy Krueger of my waking life,
for all the times I couldn't stitch together my rag-doll heart without weepy British guitar telling my story,

I walk softly here.
                            I walk softly
                                                 as
                                                    falling
                                                             snow
                                                                    glides in on Christmas morning.

I walk slowly here.
                             I walk slowly
                                                    as a
                                                            speckled
                                                                            fawn
                                                                                     tip-toes into the open meadow.

I walk silently here.
                               I walk silently
                                                     as an
                                                             astounded
                                                                              ladybug
                                                                                            wanders the contours of a human hand.


Even so,
how easily I find myself

       
                                        f
                                          a
                                             l
                                               l
                                                 i
                                                   n
                                                      g
               
 
 into
           slumber

trying to dream of you.




                                               
                                                 








No comments:

Post a Comment